Friday 10 February 2012

HEAT EMBOSSING A DOILY WITH SPARKLING EMBOSSING POWDER

Well I did say I would do some demo's, I just seem to have got carried away....I'm enjoying playing.
I have just got these fab new 5.5" Normady lace Doilies in, and as ever i thought i would try heat embossing on something a bit larger than i usually do.
As usual the Doilies are available from my Website and my eBay store
I generally only emboss smaller Doilies, but these are so pretty i had to have a go.
I used WOW! Nice Ice Blue embossing powder and my VersaMark pad.
I was really impressed with the result as I think you will agree, it looks lovely.
It took the powder beautifully and evenly, and the Doilies are really tough and a good weight for such harsh treatment.
Personally i have tried to do a few of the home made Doilies using a selection of Dies, but i couldn't be bothered with all the hassle picking out all the bits, and even having to turn the dies and roll them through the Big shot 3 or 4 times to make sure they cut properly and pick out all the left overs out of the Die before i could use it again....anyway hope you like the end result of the Heat embossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment